DEI - Diversity and Equitable Inclusion
"Given the fierce urgency of now, it is going to take all of us to make a difference."
- Trevor Hall, Founder
You will find this a good news and uplifting effort. We feel the desire to actively address the racial and social issues that flared up throughout Summer 2020. The DEI Committee wants to help Career Advisors in our industries to connect with an Aspiring Young Professional (AYP). The aim is to have positive impacts by enhancing diversity in all aspects of the commercial real estate industry here in Greater Orlando.
- Enlist dozens of Career Advisors in our industries
- Arrange for each Career Advisor a proper, safe connection with an Aspiring Young Professional
- One-on-one friendly relationship
- Minimum age for an AYP is 18
About the DEI Committee
The Black Lives Matter movement is the catalyst and is a true focus. Our region has also been accurately described as a diverse demographic salad. Youth here trace their roots to over one hundred countries. English as a Second Language is a widespread reality. Many of these young adults might have a colorful future in one of our business disciplines, with successful companies, here.
The DEI Committee is contacting a wide variety of entities: UCF, FAMU Law, Valencia, Seminole State, and others.
We will procure recommendations from a Dean or equivalent, seeking out Aspiring Young Professionals with a “fire in the belly.” A list of promising young adults will be created, ones who will benefit from access to our Career Advisors and their business activities.
Once the Career Advisors and Aspiring Young Professionals have registered with our task force, we will attempt to match them by profession, zip code proximity and other considerations.
Initial contact will be done safely.
Take cautious first steps
- We will encourage at least two contacts per week and we will lightly monitor the results.
- Texting and phone calls to start. Career Advisors need to ask key questions and listen, intently.
- If some switching/reassignments are best, great.
- Job-shadowing is a cost-free way to familiarize a young person with a profession.
- There will be a safe outdoor disc golf event to bring about additional contact activity.
- Career Advisors: Use their first name, cell number and profession.
- Aspiring Young Professionals: First name, cell number and dream job 2030’s.
- The DEI Committee will match one with the other.
- Texting and phone calls to start. Career Advisors will ask key questions and listen, intently.
- Face-to-face meetings will follow if it is going well.
Let’s get started.
If you wish to participate as an Aspiring Young Professional, please fill out THIS FORM and we will contact you.
If you wish to participate as a Career Advisor, please fill out THIS FORM and we will contact you.
This will be a good first step toward increasing the diversity in the Greater Orlando area business community, using INCLUSION so as to give young adults a sense of EQUITABLE INCLUSION AND ACCESS.
Please register if you are a potential Career Advisor or Aspiring Young Professional.