About NAIOP Central Florida
Who We Are
NAIOP provides advocacy, education and business opportunities by connecting members in a powerful North American network in the commercial real estate development and investment industry.
Commercial real estate solutions meet the changing demands for how people work, live, shop and play.
NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is the leading organization for developers, owners and investors of office, industrial, retail and mixed-use real estate. NAIOP comprises 19,000+ members and provides strong advocacy, education and business opportunities through a powerful North American network.
NAIOP began in 1967 and has retained through all these years its core group of developer members. The association began as a small group of owners and developers of industrial parks in the eastern U.S. who formed the National Association of Industrial Parks (NAIP) to facilitate a forum for the open exchange of information on development. They also had a need for standardized covenants and restrictions, building requirements, and beneficial legislation and taxation. Nine individuals first met on September 12, 1967, in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania.
Reflecting changes in membership, NAIP became NAIOP (National Association for Industrial and Office Parks) in 1976. In 2009 NAIOP dropped the words behind its acronym, which no longer reflected its current membership composition. Over the years, NAIOP has attracted members who are committed to excellence, entrepreneurial in spirit, and want to reach new heights in building excellence.
NAIOP is a leading commercial real estate industry provider of unparalleled networking opportunities, educational programs, research on trends and innovations and strong legislative representation.
NAIOP's sister organization, the NAIOP Research Foundation, is one of the industry's leading think tanks dedicated to conducting research assessing the trends, economic viability and needs of the built environment.
In 2017, NAIOP celebrated its 50th anniversary with a year-long recognition of the association's impact and the leaders who have driven our success.
What We Do
Creates Professional Recognition and Business Opportunities
- The leading organization for developers, owners, and investors of office, industrial, retail, and mixed-use real estate.
- Network with the industry's leading professionals.
Connects Members from across North America
- Our network of 51 strong chapters connects members from all across North America. Our Chapters offer easy access to market education, personalized networking opportunities and legislative efforts in your community on a local level. See what’s happening in our chapters today.
- The NAIOP Membership Directory unites more than 18,000+ members in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Provides Cutting-Edge Educational Programs
- Gain industry insight through educational programs that advance your career.
- Our array of educational opportunities span from Speaker Series breakfasts and luncheons, Up Close Events, Project Spotlights, Major Programs, as well as socials and community based events.
Delivers Strong Legislative Representation
- NAIOP promotes effective public policy through our grassroots network to create, protect and enhance property values.
- Helps you advance legislative initiatives, such as real estate taxation issues, locally, state-wide, and on Capitol Hill.
Leads the Industry in Research
- The NAIOP Research Foundation is one of the industry's leading think tanks dedicated to conducting research assessing the trends, economic viability and needs of the built environment.
- The Foundation produces forward-looking studies and vital reports that identify future development opportunities, assess employment trends and reveal the vital role commercial real estate plays in the economy.
- The Foundation's research projects support developers, owners and others involved in commercial real estate to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our communities, now and in the future.
From investors, owners and developers to architects, brokers, engineers and other professionals, NAIOP IS COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE.
We have the people, knowledge and education to help you find connections, stay ahead of the curve, and make deals.
- EXCLUSIVE NETWORKING — NAIOP’s programs, events and conferences connect you to the people and opportunities you need to help propel your business forward.
- STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS — Our fully searchable, online databank helps you discover a partner, collaborate and succeed.
- POWERFUL ADVOCACY — NAIOP promotes effective public policy through our grassroots network. We work to advance legislative initiatives that will strengthen and promote the growth of the industry.
- EXCEPTIONAL EDUCATION — Courses when and where you need them, on the topics that matter most for your business.
- CUTTING-EDGE RESEARCH — Research on trends, opportunities and the future of CRE.
Types of Membership
What membership is right for you? Learn about the different types of NAIOP memberships available to you.Read more about Types of Membership
View a listing of colleges and universities that are currently part of the NAIOP University Membership program. You will find what programs they offer, along with contact information.Read more about University Membership
Need to estimate your NAIOP dues? Use our Dues Estimator.Read more about Dues Estimator
Ready to join NAIOP and invest in your career? Join Now!Read more about Join Now